Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Progress Report and Encouragement to Faithfulness:

Faithfulness: It's a virtue/discipline I observed in Dr. Owen's life.


I haven't forgotten about a progress report. I'll have one posted, here, soon.
Like everyone at PIU, our Finance Team has been really busy. They have been preparing for our Annual Audit and caring for other last minute reports before we meet with TRACS, our accreditors, early next month. So, I haven't pressed them for updated numbers

I can tell you that we have hit a flat-spot in our giving.

Faithfulness:

I am working on a couple of articles that will be in a publication from Liebenzell Mission USA. Liebenzell is the mission with which Kathy and I serve. It has been a partner with PIU from day 1. One of the articles will feature brief testimonies from alumni about how Dave impacted their lives. I have already received several--impressive. Everyone who knew Dave recognized his great gifts. Yet, Dave's impact was not like dynamite, a single blast. It was much more like a good meal cooking over a low fire. His faithfulness produced a long-term result.

Most of those of us in the PIU circle are not people of great wealth. Perhaps you think giving to a project like DDOMF is an exercise only for the rich. In the DDOMF Booklet, I give a couple of principles about Biblical giving. One point I make is:

. . . this grace of giving is not merely a rich man’s sport. It is a blessed person’s privilege. “Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.” (2 Corinthians 9:7, ESV)
 Why not consider--pray about it--making a series of smaller gifts to DDOMF? Over a year, a series of monthly gifts can have quite an impact. Faithfulness, it's one of the Biblical virtues Dave modeled.

The links on the right will give you some options for giving to the Dr. Dave Owen Memorial Fund.

No comments:

Post a Comment