Sunday, December 8, 2019

Back in Guam, Progress

(This was written 11/27)

The DDOMF has reached almost $15,000


($14,921 to be exact) in donations. In addition to the amount that has already been donated, there are several challenge-pledges. Two businesses have pledged gifts tied to the volume of their receipts. These gifts should amount to $15-20,000 over the course of the campaign. A president of a Christian University on Guam has pledged to donate all honorarium for speaking engagements to DDOMF. By God's grace, this has amounted to several hundred dollars, thus far. I encourage others to adopt the principle for setting aside funds to invest in God's work, found in 1 Cor. 16:2, ". . . put something aside and store it up, as he [God] may prosper." As God blesses, be a blessing.

The report that the finance department sent me shows a range of gifts, since the last report I posted, of $6.00 to $5,000.

We thank the Lord for gifts small or large.

Day before yesterday I returned from a five-week trip. I apologize for the delay in my posting an update, but my time "on the road" prevented me from getting to it. Let me share a few of things about this trip that relate to this fundraising campaign.

  1. I met teachers, pastors, solid parents, government officials, and solid citizens both of the
    earthly realm and the heavenly, who were discipled, trained and sharpened at PIU. We need more like them.
  2. At each step along my way, I was reminded of Dave's heritage. I met alumni on whom Dave had profound impact. I am seeking to renew relationships that Dave had with people all around the world. I was aware of the task that has been handed off to me--to us. Let's not fail to carry it forward.
  3. I could see in Micronesia the need for a new generation of leaders. On the campus of Columbia International University in South Carolina and at Biola in California, it is clear that these institutions recognize the same need in their spheres of influence. Like these impressive institutions, we need to be raising up a new crop of leaders.
  4. Again at CIU on the US East Coast and Biola on the West, it is clear that the leaders of these schools see the importance of moving ahead in order to keep up. Their expansion projects are numbered in the tens of millions. Though ours is much smaller, it is no less important.
  5. The main purpose of my trip was to attend the conference of our accrediting agency TRACS. I am glad to report that the Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools awarded PIU another ten-year term of accreditation. That accomplishment represents thousands of hours of labor by the entire PIU team. It is one of the keys to PIU moving ahead into the new decade. What the DDOMF will provide is another key.
Tomorrow, our PIU family will gather for a Thanksgiving celebration. Many of you will be doing the same. As you give thanks for God's bounty, I hope you will consider that God has entrusted His resources to us, as His stewards. We are to invest it to His glory. I believe PIU is a great place to make an investment that will bear fruit for eternity.
We'll be giving thanks for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment