Sunday, December 8, 2019

Progress Report--More than $8K. Why should you consider giving to the DDOMF?

(This post was written 10/23/19
I'm "on the road" right now. This is by far the biggest trip I have ever taken in my life.
Mostly, the trip is business. The main reason I am on this trip is to meet with our accrediting agency, at their conference in California. When you travel across the big pond, however, you might as well get as much out of your trip as possible, so I'm recruiting--students and staff--building and renewing relationships, meeting supporters and partners, and visiting family along the way.
I'll be on both coasts of the continental USA get that picture in your mind.


From Majaro, Republic of Marshall Islands, to Palau is about 2,500 miles. That's only 500 miles less than the distance from New York City to San Francisco. From the Marshalls to Palau is the area known as Micronesia. All the land in Micronesia is about the size of Rhode Island. The "micro" islands are separated by the vastness of the Pacific. On my way back to Guam I'll stop in several of the islands to meet with people. Already, on this trip, I met with people who are from Chuuk and Palau. All across the USA, they live in little communities of Micronesians, sort of like tiny islands surrounded by the rest of the world.

To get back to my point:
In a couple of weeks, when I fly from from Newark to LA to the right and left of me there will be
numerous Christian Colleges and Universities. Just from my experience: King's College, Lancaster, Appalachian Bible, Clark's Summit, Liberty, Moody, Trinity, two Bethels, Biola, and Multnomah. There are thousands more. When I leave LA and fly across Micronesia, I fly over 2 accredited Christian Schools, that I'm aware of. PIU and one more. It is appropriate that there be many Christian institutions of higher education in the United States and Canada. Isn't it also appropriate that there be a school like Pacific Islands University to serve the people Micronesia? Today (more or less, keep in mind the time difference) is Prayer Day at PIU. Micronesia and the rest of the world need leaders who believe in prayer. Supporting and promoting the DDOMF will help insure that such leaders are ready to step up.

I received a report from our financial team that we have received $8,325. Part of that sum is a gift from a business person in Guam, who is giving a portion the business proceeds, monthly, to DDOMF.
The links to the right will take you where you need to go to be an answer to the prayers of the students above.

No comments:

Post a Comment